Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Seventeen Magazine Project

I'm really impressed with this girl and her project, The Seventeen Magazine project. She is basically following all the advice and ideas (fashion, hair, dating, friendship and whatever else) she sees in Seventeen magazine and blogging about the results. It's a great example of a young person thinking critically about the mainstream media and reacting to it in a creative, thoughtful way.

Here are the rules she is following for the project:

1. I will read the entire June/July issue of Seventeen magazine from cover to cover.

2. Every day I will utilize at least one "beauty tip" (hair/makeup/skincare/whathaveyou) and one fashion tip.

3. I will follow all diet and exercise tips provided in the issue to a T.

4. I will participate in every activity recommended by the magazine (i.e. host a fright night, score your hottest summer hookup ever, be confident in a bikini, etc.)

5. I will apply for every single "freebie" offered by the magazine, every day.

6. I will consume all media recommended by the magazine at least once. (books/movies/music)

7. I will hang all provided pictures/posters of "hot guys" in my living environment.


I can't help but think, if she'd been born ten or twenty years earlier, she would have made a really great zine!

No comments:

Post a Comment